THE OUTREACH CHALLENGE
Adolescent health, or youth health, is the range of approaches to preventing, detecting or treating young people’s health and well being. The term adolescent and young people are often used interchangeably, as are the terms Adolescent Health and Youth Health.
Cross-generational sex—or Sugar Daddy syndrome—is a pattern of sexual behaviour between adolescents and much older individuals, sometimes 3 to 8times older, that brings increased health risks and consequences to the young.
The Outreach Challenge is an initiative that seeks to spread awareness about sexual predators who manipulate very young people into unhealthy sexual relationships. Notably, we would be adopting a collective approach via engaging young individuals and communities intended on educating and re-educating beneficiaries to achieve our desired goal.
We are pleased to announce a new partnership between AMAZE, Advocates for youths and The Smile Outreach.
AMAZE harnesses the power of digital media to provide young adolescents around the globe with medically accurate, age-appropriate, affirming, and honest sexuality education they can access directly online- regardless of where they live.
As of November of 2020, AMAZE has over 42 Million views on its YouTube Channel. AMAZE is a collaboration between Advocates for Youth, Answer, and Youth Tech Health.
Together, we will be working on “The Outreach Challenge” a project set to reach over 300,000 adolescents within three years in Nigeria, sensitizing them on the dangers and effect of sexual relationships with older partners.
Why you are Important to us
The Outreach challenge is a 30 minute to an hour sensitization and apart from using our unique storytelling approach, we will be providing go-to resources in the form of comics and animations, distributed to every adolescent we meet in each community for free.
In order to distribute this excellent practicable solution and support to adolescents, we need your help.
Your passion for adolescent health and advocacy against any form of sexual assault will help us achieve our goal.
We are confident that this project will surely help dent the current statistics of unplanned teenage pregnancies, child trafficking and prostitution, school dropout, STDs and HIV/AIDS infections of adolescents in Nigeria between March 2021 and March 2023.
While we are confident of the impact this project will have, it will be non-existent without your input or willingness to carry it out.
See what we mean, we need you to put an end to a harmful practice.
The Outreach Challenge
- Go with at least one person to help organize the program. (Optional)
- Choose a community or more, we recommend starting from your community
- Gather at most 20 adolescents per session (this is in respect to the COVID-19 guidelines.)
- Present our info kit and Play the animation for the kids.
- In situations where there are no means to public viewing, tell at least a story from the comics given to you and the kids.
- Collect relevant data that we will be needing to measure the impact of this approach.
What we expect from you and what a successful outreach challenge looks like.
- We expect a no judgement, zero stigma atmosphere during the exercise, this will give each child a sense of belonging and safety.
- We expect the exercise to be extremely interactive, questions asked, questions answered and some friendly facilitator-adolescent rapport.
- It is very important that significant moments of the exercise are captured as photographs and videos.
- There may be some kids whose cases are peculiar and stories need telling, we advise asking politely if they would love to share their stories, before taking videos and audio of them narrating their experiences.
- A filled data collection form will be submitted to the Smile Outreach at the end of the challenge.
- Please follow COVID-19 rules, you will given nose masks and hand sanitizers to ensure proper adherence to policy
What happens after you carry out the Challenge?
First, you will be gifted a free career upscaling e-book titled “Stand Out”
Secondly, a certificate of participation will be awarded to you via mail.
Credits will be given to you on any videos posted on youtube and other social platforms from the community where you carried out the outreach.
Finally, depending on the impact of your outreach, we will provide a duly signed commendation letter from us to you!.
Find attached your copy of the comic
Founder and Communications Director
Click the buttons below to download essential resourses for The Outreach Challenge